National Art and Design Saturday Club
We also run a weekly National Art and Design Saturday Club for year 9 and 11 students. The Art&Design Saturday Clubs give Members experience of working with media and practices that are used in the creative sector. Find out more about this years Saturday Art Club here
If you are interested in visiting us with a group of students, contact Helen Walker, School and College Engagement Senior Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 225 4191.
Engagement with artists
As part of the national Artists Access to Art Colleges project we will be offering at least four placements to artists and designer-makers, giving them the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using our workshop and supporting facilities eg. IT facilities, lending library, & lecture programme. The AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practicing artists.
The facilities that will be available to those who are succesful are – printmaking, ceramics, jewellery & metalwork, wood work, digital textiles, CNC manufacturing & prototyping, graphics, casting & fabrication, illustration and painting.
- Access is free, for at least 100 hours, between Oct 2018 and June 2019
- AA2A's Hardship Fund, for artists on benefits and low income provides expenses up to £350
- Closing dates for applications vary but all are in September 2018
- Artists on AA2A schemes run from 2015 to 2016 or before can now reapply
- All applicants must have at least one year′s professional practice
- Only M.A. / PhD students can apply in the same year they graduate
- Applicants should be able to work with minimal technical support
For an application pack please contact us directly at email@example.com or 0114 225 3821
For general info on eligibility and application procedure see www.aa2a.org/apply